Georgian Good Food Box Mission Statement
Good Food Box Facts!
- Our produce is provided at cost: we fund raise to help cover overhead, which is over $400 per month.
- Transportation costs, the plastic liners, insurance and printing the monthly newsletter are our major costs.
- There are no paid staff members in our program.
- Our volunteers contribute a total of 200 hours per month, over half of that on the pack day (3rd Wednesday of each month).
- Our volunteer drivers deliver over 70 boxes each month to families who cannot pick up the 30 lb bags of produce.
- We either donate directly, or seek donors to help provide free boxes to fixed-income families who are given our contact information from their Public Health Nurse, social worker, clergy etc.
- We cover Collingwood, Clearview (Stayner, Creemore, New Lowell) and Wasaga Beach.
- On April 16, 2016, we celebrated our 12th anniversary in the South Georgian Bay Region.
- As of 2015, our volunteers have packed 50,000+ boxes!
The GGFB is administered by a group of dedicated volunteers, and a volunteer board of directors. Here are the positions currently within our board, and the name of the director.
Chair: Ted Van Den Hurk
Vice Chair: Joan Leonard
Director-Secretary: Susan Luciani
Director-Finance: Nancy Rumney
Director-Collingwood: Mark Redmond
Director-New Lowell: Lynn Black
Director-Collingwood: Michael Kacmar
Director-Collingwood: Wilma Davies
Director- Wasaga Beach: Loretta Stabile
Director-Media/Social Media: Corrine Lalonde
Wasaga Beach Volunteer Coordinator: Lori Hyde